Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chad Butler RIP #3

This is one of the coolest songs I've heard in a while. it's off of the super rare Live At The Harris County Jail album. I gotta be honest, I know very little about this album. I want to take it at face value, and believe that it is what it is, a live album of Pimp inside the joint, doing what he does best. I don't know how "live" it is, it's not in front of a prison crowd, but I'm guessing it's more or less recorded live with two takes a song, one for the singing, one for the rapping.

But it's the singing that really gets me on this song. Tony Snow sings it with a cool-as-hell, busted-ass-falsetto, and it couldn't sound any fucking cooler. Combined with the weird, spooky pseudo-70's beat, the whole thing is really addicting.


Hustler--Live From the Harris County Jail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home